Sustainability is at the heart of Commit Digital’s being
- our planet
- our staff
- our customers
Commit Digital exists to provide us with a rewarding, healthy, and environmentally-friendly way to get by in this world whilst letting us geek out on the things we love: computers and technology.
Looking after our planet
Being in the tech industry means that we have a responsibility not to put pressure on the environment. Our computers, our hosting, and our Google searches all nibble away at our limited resources.
What are we doing? We:
- car share (we’ve done less than 500 car miles for business in the last year)
- commute by public transport or walk where possible
- work from home twice a week
- avoid flying for business (zero flights so far)
- choose power-efficient devices designed to last
- donate to The Woodland Trust (enough to look after trees responsible for absorbing 36 tonnes of CO2 per year)
- use sustainable web hosting providers (currently Digital Ocean whose Equinix datacentres use 92% renewable energy globally)
Looking after our people
Work is a big part of our lives so it should be enjoyable. Our office is quiet and relaxed and we work 37.5 hours a week. We don't do overtime. All our staff are paid at least the real Living Wage. We switch off our emails and phones when we’ve done our work for the day. (Ian can be contacted in emergencies, which happens rarely!)
Looking after you
We wouldn’t be here without you. We like to grow our relationships with our customers and become digital partners in their business. We deliver consistent quality because we expect the software we make to be part of our legacy for years to come.